Dear SAALAS Members,
SAALAS invites members to apply for a bursary to attend the Animal Science and Technology Conference in Edinburgh, 24 - 26 March 2020. The conference is the largest UK Animal And science Technology meeting being hosted by the IAT, LASA and LAVA. For more information about the conference please refer to the website www.ast2020.org
Please note the following terms and conditions for the bursary and applications:
* Applicants must be a SAALAS member in good standing, registered for (or having completed) a level 3 IAT diploma and not registered as a Laboratory Animal Technologist with the SAVC but planning to enrol for the UNISA work integrated learning programme with the goal to be a registered as a LAT with the SAVC. (preference will be given to those who have not had the opportunity for international professional travel).
* There is only one bursary available
* The bursary will cover registration and accommodation costs for the AST 2020 conference. All other expenses such as travel, visa costs and living expenses are for the applicants own account.
Applicants should inform their manager concerning their application for this bursary to apply for assistance towards travel from their institute’s 2020 budget / or seek sponsorship elsewhere
* Applicants must submit (via email)
- Proof of IAT course enrolment
- A list of all their IAT module results to date
- A 2 page CV and a motivation letter as to why they should be awarded this bursary. The motivation letter should include what it would mean for them personally, for their institution and for South Africa should they attend.
* The successful applicant will be expected to present at the SAALAS 2020 conference reporting back about their experience and the value thereof.
* The successful applicant will be announced at the SAALAS 2019 Workshop (26/27 November 2019 in Stellenbosch Cape Town).
* The successful applicant will be required to register for the AST conference before the 15 December 2019.
* The bursary being awarded will depend on suitable applications being received, SAALAS therefore reserves the right not to award the bursary.
Submit your application to email@example.com before the end of business day 18 November 2019.
The SAALAS Exco