The Purpose and Objectives of Laboratory Animal Technologist (Lat) Special Interest Group (Sig)
Who Are We?
The LAT-SIG works under the umbrella of South African Association for Laboratory Animal Scientists (SAALAS).
The LAT-SIG represents Laboratory Animal Technologist as a profession by maintaining the boundaries of our unique job description within the veterinary field and by standing as a united body to voice the concerns and opinions of the individuals that make up our profession.
LAT-Training and Education (T&E) works under the auspices of the LAT-SIG and is dedicated to building and disseminating a knowledge base in laboratory animal science for education and training of those who work in this field.
Why Should You Be A Member?
The purpose / functions / objectives of the LAT-Training and Education (T&E) group are as follows:
- To work under the auspices of SAALAS and the LAT-SIG.
- To maintain the LAT Day 1 Skills (D1S) up to date.
- To monitor and maintain all other training and education up to date as required by the South African Veterinary Council (SAVC).
- To provide on-line mentoring at no charge for IAT students (provided they are fully paid up members of SAALAS).
- To liaise with UNISA.
- To maintain IAT student list and contact details up to date.
- To ensure training of assessors.
- To maintain assessor list and contact details up to date.
- To work closely with the LAT-SIG group to organise workshops and webinars.
- To allow members to communicate with LAT-T&E – encourage two – way communication.
Comments are closed.