KINDLY TAKE NOTE: Applications may only be submitted online through the official UFS vacancy website: https://ufs.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll. Applications submitted through any other platform will not be considered.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Responsible for well-being, clinical care of animals, which include preventative medicine and health surveillance, medical treatment, anaesthetic/sedation and surgery.
• Assist researchers during project planning and implementation with regards to animal health and welfare.
• Serve as a member of Animal Ethics Committee at the University of the Free State in terms of SANS 10386:2021.
• Train, supervise and assess personnel and researchers in animal related procedures and assist researchers and personnel in obtaining South African Veterinary Council (SAVC) authorization to perform procedures on animals.
• Ensure the facility complies with all relevant regulations and legislation, in particular SANS 10386:2021 and SAVC facility registration.
• Perform all necessary management duties associated with a Head of Department, including documentation, personnel and finances.
• Be available to work after hours if required.
Inherent Job Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Veterinary Science (BVSc).
• At least Three (3) years’ experience as a veterinarian.
• South African Veterinary Council (SAVC) registration as a veterinarian.
• Valid driver’s licence.
• A working knowledge of SANS 10386.
• Registered with SAALAS.
• Research experience.
• Computer literate.
Key Competencies Required:
• Results orientated:
o The ability to be reliable, responsible, dependable and to fulfil obligations.
o The ability to deal calmly and effectively with high stress issues.
• Strategic thinking:
o The ability to focus on details, work towards perfection, and approach work in a neat and organized manner.
o The ability to plan work and to follow plans.
• Business acumen:
o The ability to adhere to rules and strictly follow work regulations.
o Proficient in using MS Office.
o The ability to lead, take charge of situations, and offer opinions and directions to others.
o The ability to be cooperative with others, display good-natured attitude, and encourage people to work together.
• Building coalitions:
o The ability to be sensitive and understanding to the needs and feelings of others.
o The ability to interact with others and establish personal connections with people.
Please ensure all relevant documentation is attached to your application. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
*Certified copies must not be older than 6 months:
- A detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter;
- Certified copies of all academic records;
- Certified copies of relevant qualifications (please provide SAQA accreditation in the case of foreign qualifications);
- A Certified* copy of your identity document;
- Proof of registration with a Professional Body (if applicable);
- A copy of your driver’s license (if applicable).
- A service record of your current employer / last employer.
Assumption of duties:
As soon as possible.
The salary scale is available on request
(Subject to specific conditions): pension scheme, medical aid scheme, group life insurance, housing allowance, leave and sick leave, service bonus and study benefits.
For enquiries, please feel free to contact me at 051 401 9810 or email at MofoloNG@ufs.ac.za or Recruit@ufs.ac.za . Additionally, kindly contact 051 401 2979 /9848 /9813/ 9814 for assistance.
The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned act and the employee profile of the specific department/ division.
The UFS is a designated employer and is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity, and redress in achieving its equity targets in accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets. Preference will be given to candidates from the under-represented designated groups including candidates with disabilities. Our Employment Equity Policy is available at : https://ufsacza.sharepoint.com/:b:/r/sites/supportservices/hr/Employment Equity/EEA13_EE Plan UFS 1 March 2022 (003).pdf?csf=1&web=1&e=TjtoXH
The University processes personal information in line with its obligations under the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA) and any personal information provided to the University will be treated as confidential and processed in accordance with the rights provided to data subjects under POPIA.
The UFS will only consider applications of candidates who meet all the inherent requirements of the position. Applications that are incomplete will not be considered. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Should you not be contacted within six weeks of the closing date for applications, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful.
The UFS will only consider applications of candidates who meet all the inherent requirements of the position.
Comments are closed.